CAP-TOR COMPOSITE DECK SCREWS
Cap-Tor is the only line of deck screws on the market designed specifically for cap-stock (3rd generation) decking. Trex Cap-stock decking has an extra strong and stable outer layer with natural looking grains and colours. Typical composite decking fasteners cause several defects in the surface of cap-stock: dimpling, white shear and curled waste. Cap-stock decks fastened with Cap-Tor have a clean, smooth and uniform appearance. Cap-Tor screws also work equally well in 1st and 2nd generation composites decking. Cap-Tor composite deck screws are available in stainless steel and epoxy coated steel for timber and composite joists and epoxy coated stainless steel for metal joists. They are all available in different head collars and coatings, matching all the Trex decking products on the market today.
CAP-TOR COMPOSITE DECK SCREWS ADVANTAGES
For cap-stock decking, Cap-Tor screws are not only the best product on the market – they are the only product on the market. The quality and design of Cap-Tor screws for use in traditional composite decking materials is also superior to other brands. Cap-Tor screws feature a unique triangular thread design, a reverse thread section to prevent mushrooming, a type 17 tip (augur point) for speed and ease of installation, and a specially engineered head that cleanly penetrates the hard outer layer of cap-stock products.
Cap-Tor screws are designed to meet the highest standards for performance, ease of use and value. EPOXY COATED STEEL Epoxy-based polymer resin coating over zinc plate for excellent corrosion resistance. The adhesion of epoxy coating is so good the screw is approved for use with CCA, LOSP and ACQ treated timber.
- Many colours are available to blend with a wide range of composite deck board colours.
- Extra deep T-20 star driver recess to minimize the “wobble” at screw starting.
- Undercut head design is a specially engineered head that cleanly penetrates the hard outer layer of cap-stock products.
- The transverse threading eliminates “mushroom” effect common to composite decking installed using standard deck screws by preventing debris from the hole from forming a mound around the screw head.
- Type 17 Auger point for faster, easier entry also helps prevent splitting.
PROBLEMS WHEN NOT USING CAP-TOR SCREWS
- Dimpling: This can occur if the fastener head does not fully cut through the cap layer, resulting in a slight sloping area of decking around the fastener head.
- White Shear: Sometimes the dimpling can stretch the cap layer to where the colour is slightly deformed, resulting in a faint but noticeable lightening of the dimpled area.
- Curled Waste: This can occur when the fastener head does penetrate the cap layer, but there is a ring of excess cap material that stays attached to the board, usually in one spot.
|FASCIA, WALL CLADDING, SCREEING|
|Starborn||Deckfast||Cap-Tor||100 packet Epoxy coated for timber||10g||65mm||Island Mist, Lava Rock, Spiced Rum, Tiki Torch, Pebble Grey, Honey Brown|
|Starborn||Deckfast||Cap-Tor||1750 bucket Epoxy coated for timber||10g||65mm||Island Mist, Lava Rock, Spiced Rum, Tiki Torch, Pebble Grey, Honey Brown|
|Starborn||Headcote||Cap-Tor||100 packet 316 stainless steel for timber||10g||65mm||Island Mist, Lava Rock, Spiced Rum, Tiki Torch, Pebble Grey, Honey Brown|
|Starborn||Headcote||Cap-Tor||1050 bucket 316 stainless steel for timber||10g||65mm||Island Mist, Lava Rock, Spiced Rum, Tiki Torch, Pebble Grey, Honey Brown|
|Starborn||Deckfast||Metal||100 packet 410 stainless steel for metal||10g||65mm||Island Mist, Lava Rock, Spiced Rum, Tiki Torch, Pebble Grey, Honey Brown|
SMART-BIT PRECISION DECK FASTENING TOOL
For use on Cap-Tor screws
Smart-Bit Depth Setter is a precision tool that aid in the installation of decking products. These high quality tools help you do your job easier, better, and faster. This amazing little tool will set your screws to the same depth each and every time and it’s adjustable.
- AUTO-STOP™ – Once target depth is reached, the Auto-Stop™ mechanism inside the tool disengages the driver bit and stops the screw from driving further – without stripping the screw recess.
- WORKS WITH TORX® AND PHILLIPS® BITS – Each tool includes one T-20 bit in the tool and four additional replacement bits: (2) T-20 bits, (1) T-25 and (1) #2 PH.
- LOCKING RING – Secures the depth setting of the tool for consistent screw depth, every time.
- ADJUSTMENT RING – Depth can be adjusted for many different types and sizes of screws, and applications.
- FREE SPINNING STOP COLLAR – The stop collar is fitted with a rubber O-ring to prevent damage to the work surface once the target depth is reached.
DRIVER BITS AND ACCESSORIES
For use in the Smart-Bit Depth Setter
TORX®, PHILLIPS®, SQUARE
They are properly sized, extra hardened, and have a high torque, you don’t have to worry about stripping out the screw head. They are offered in different packaging options including the new “Tough Pack” shock resistant case, small blisters and larger jars with an optional racking system. Available in a large selection of sizes in Torx®, Phillips®, and Square.
DECKFAST® Fascia System
The Right Way to Install Deck Fascia
The precisely engineered DECKFAST® Fascia System includes the Fascia Tool and specially designed, colour coated, Fascia Screws available in stainless steel or epoxy coated carbon steel.
The Fascia System is designed to accommodate the large amount of expansion and contraction that can occur with many deck fascia boards. The pre-drilling tool creates an over-sized hole for the Fascia Screw, so that the fascia board hangs from the screw and can expand and contract without putting a large amount of force on the fastener.
Fascia Screws feature star drive recesses and are ACQ approved. Follow the decking manufacturer’s recommendation when selecting either stainless or epoxy coated fascia screws. In general, for applications where either corrosion or especially large amounts of expansion and contraction of the fascia material is a concern, use stainless Fascia Screws.
The Fascia System has been evaluated and approved for use by Trex®. With the improved performance of the Fascia System (compared to standard deck screws used to install fascia), fewer fasteners may be required.
PRODUCT FEATURES – Fascia Tool
- Free Spinning Stop Collar with O-ring – The stop collar spins free of the drill bit, prevent marring or burnishing of the fascia board surface.
- Anti-clog Debris Cavity – The cavity gathers waste material, keeping it clear of the countersink.
- Pre-set Countersink – The Fascia Tool matches the head diameter and countersink depth of the Fascia Screw for the perfect hole and fit.
- Pre-set Shaft length – Together with the countersink, the overall hole depth is designed for use with fascia boards from 12mm to 20mm thick.
PRODUCT FEATURES – Fascia Screws
- T-20 Star Drive Recesses
- Colour Matched Stainless Steel – Fascia screws are available in a wide range of colours to match popular fascia colours. Stainless Fascia Screws are 9g x 58mm.
- Type 17 Auger Tip – For faster, easier entry; helps prevent splitting of treated lumber.
Follow the deck fascia board manufacturer’s installation instructions. The Fascia System is designed for use with fascia boards from 12mm to 20mm. Use the Fascia Tool to pre-drill and countersink all holes in the fascia board. The hole is complete when the stop collar stops spinning. Set the fascia board in place and fasten with Fascia Screws. Drive screws until flush with the fascia board; do not over-tighten. The fascia board should hang from the screws to allow for expansion and contraction.